Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Night at Club Fox






 

I have to say I love going to live musical performances. It’s always an amusing experience even if the band happens to suck; that’s because the audience, especially those dancing, are part of the entertainment.
Tonight, the evening of August 11th, my sister, Jeanette, and I went to my favorite night club in San Mateo, The Club Fox, which is next to The Fox Theatre in Redwood City. We went to an 80s style dance party featuring the excellent band Rebel Yell, which plays hits from twelve different bands and artists like ACDC, Journey, Heart, Madonna, and Michael Jackson. We went to this performance as my sister’s gift to me for my birthday.
Rebel Yell was fantastic. They featured both a male and female vocalist. The band captured the feeling and the style of the multiple bands whose songs they played.
The most amusing part of the evening was sitting at our table watching people dancing. Most of the dancers proved the old joke that white people can’t dance. Oh, my god it was amusing. There was at least four shemales in amongst the crowd. Crowds of gals were gyrating and dancing in circles. Guys were trying to look cool, but really looked comical. There was even the amazing spaz that seems to come every musical performance I attend ( I wonder if the club hires him). Also, among the crowd there were some amazing and frightening celebrity look-a-likes. I saw a Japanese guy who bore an amusing resemblance to Laurence Harvey. There was a guy with orange dyed hair that looked uncomfortably like The Dark Knight Arisen killer. There was an Elissa Dowling look-a-like who was dancing with a older gray haired gentleman, unfortunate for him. Also, there was an uncomfortably close looking Reyna “Miss Misery” Young look-alike hanging and dancing with a very tall shemale in a lovely blue dress. I knew it definitely wasn’t Miss Misery because I know for a fact she would be doing her cheap little public access horror, or is it horrible, show at Chabot College….No, her majesty, the so called Queen of Horror (can I vomit now?), wouldn’t be caught dead at such a goshe` club as Club Fox. Oh, and there was also a very frightening Miss Love Chunks ( for those unaware that would be Michelle Shields) in attendance as well. I have to say that chunky girls with big asses shouldn’t wear leather pants. But, the most frightening look-a-like of the evening was the freaky and manic female who just happened to look like a blond version of my ex-pinup girl Angela Cottrill. One thing I have to say is she doesn’t look that attractive with blond hair and black eyebrows…Sorry Angela… This person whom I ended up finding out was named Angelique (it had to be the name of the witch from Dark Shadows…I’m so lucky) somehow thought I was giving her the eye, so she came over,  grabbed me up against my will, and made me dance with her. I looked back at my sister as she dragged me onto the dance floor with a look of terror on my face, but my sister just waved me on…thanks sis. So, for the next half hour I had to dance with this nut case. I’m serious, think Glen Close in Fatal Attraction nutty. I was lucky I didn’t dislocate my bad knee since she wouldn’t let me stop. I managed to get away from her, but not before she licked my ear (YUK!) and asked me for my phone number. I gave her my buddy Phil’s number and while she was writing it down (yes she actually had a pen and piece of paper in the leather jacket she was wearing) I made my escape. I grabbed up my my sister, who was amused as hell and took a hike.
So, that is the story of my evening at Club Fox. I have to say even with the amusing ending I had a fun evening…sort of…