Sunday, October 27, 2013

YELP For The Horror Community?



You know what, people, I’m thinking about starting a site like YELP for the horror community. It would be a site where independent filmmakers, artists, authors, or anyone who gets treated to the double standard that has been taking precedence with websites and horror magazines and conventions can come and report this bullshit and make it public information so the community can see the shit that is going on. I think it is time to take a switch to the buddy network and start giving artists in horror a more level playing field so they can promote themselves and their work. Shit I just got a good dose of this just recently. I emailed my press release for Psychotic State The Novel to a site that claims they will take any submissions and promote you. Well, I sent my press release the same day that honorary Wolf Pack members Midnight Syndicate sent theirs for their interactive concert they are trying to fund. Twenty-four hours later Midnight Syndicate had their funding campaign funded and after two weeks my press release is no where to be found. But I had a feeling I should have known better because this site heavily promotes The Soskas and even devoted special section on their site for American Mary. That right, this should tell you something, that even a site that claims to promote all horror submittions can play the double standard. So what you think horror community? Do we need a YELP list site to remind these assholes that we are a community and everyone deserves a break?