Thursday, February 27, 2014

According to Contact Law: Setting it Straight.






You know what, people, I've been getting a lot of bullshit and ignorance from a lot of you in regard to my situation with Twisted Terror Convention. I've been told that I'm being unprofessional by making this public. I've been told I need to walk away because I have no legal or contractual standing. Also, it has been said that I was providing Twisted Terror Convention a service and it was within their rights to cancel that service. Also, people, are saying this is a social issue that is just between me and Aaron and Dorine. Finally, it has been said that I'm trying to bring down a "great convention run by wonderful and professional convention organizers. All this is incorrect and shows the general horror community's ignorance of contract law and the situation at hand. So, let me inform you, because the law of the land does not say you are allowed your opinion. You are allowed your informed opinion. Anything less is you just pissing in the wind. First point, in regard to this being a social issue...it is not. It is an issue between business entities. The entity named William Pattison, aka Eric Morse had a contract with a business entity called Twisted Terror Convention, aka Twisted Terror Productions. This is about business and when businesses do wrong it is both a public and business issue. It shows how a business does business and if other businesses should trust doing business with that business. Next point, about my legal and contractual standing. Twisted Terror Convention clearly and illegally broke a legal contract with me. In contract law it is stated that if it is not stated in the contract it doesn't exist. No where in the contract that I signed did it state that Twisted Terror Convention had the right to cancel my contract at their own will. What is written into the contract is that I had a guarantee that I would have a table and an appearance at the convention. Also, just because Aaron and Dorine returned the fee I paid to reserve my table does not in the law make us even and clear. Because of the guarantee stated in the contract and the fact that there wasn't a clause saying they could cancel the contract they are still libel to that guarantee. So, according to the law they are legally bound to find me another table and appearance at another venue and if they can't find it in the area they must pay the difference incurred to get me into that venue (meaning travel expenses, board, and convention fees). I'm not bullshitting you this is contract law. Next point, it was mentioned a couple times that I was providing Twisted Terror Convention a service. No I was not. It is the reverse they were providing me a service I paid for. If it was the opposite they would be paying me and that would open up another can of worms entirely. Last point, about how this is a great convention run by wonderful and professional organizers. It is obvious that I have shown that as business people Aaron Dodge and Dorine Hartnett suck at business. They are so ignorant that they have broken a legal contract and brought a ton of liability on themselves as a result. Also, kicking me out of the convention because three (or no matter the number) people don't personally like me is an unprofessional move in the extreme. There was no legal reason they did this. There was no court order saying I couldn't appear with said people. There was no restraining order. And, if not liking someone personally was a valid reason for kicking someone out of a conventions conventions would fall because all their guests would be kicked out at the whims of the others. You call that professional? You call them wonderful for doing such an unprofessional and illegal thing? I want all artist, actors, directors, vendors, and especially sponsors to look at what I've written here and stop acting like social teenagers dealing with horror club and act like mature business people. I have stated this unemotionally and with a professional understanding of contractual law. I say they are not good business people and shouldn't be trusted by any professional with integrity and business smarts. Thank you for your time.