Monday, September 8, 2014

Answer to Article: Are The Stars Really Worth Our Interest?



I found an article in the San Mateo Weekly News. This was actually unusual because usually they write about uninteresting shit and their movie reviews annoy me….
Anyway this article was titled, Entertainment: Are the Stars Really Worth Our Interest? I was intrigued when I read this so I read on. The article talked about how Hollywood and the entertainment business has degenerated over the last fifteen years to the point that the majority of the stars are dysfunctional low lives who go from one embarrassing incident to the next and in all honesty treat their loyal fans like dirt. The author talked about the days when he was young and a lot of stars acted like role models to the public, like John Wayne and Jimmy Stewart. He admitted that incidents did happen, but not like today. He pointed out incidents with Charlie Sheen and Justin Beiber as prime examples. He also express how disheartening it was for him to go to New York ComiCon and seeing Sylvester Stallone fleecing fan for $300 an autograph and then just pushing them along like cattle. The author asked the question of when these supposed icons where going to live up to the standards of the stars of the past? Then he answered it harshly. He says it won’t happen until the public gets tired of this childish behavior and hold these people to a higher standard. Which to me says it will never happen.
I’ve seen this crap way too much in the horror industry. I’ve seen supposed artists acting like spoiled children and petty bullies. It saddens me as well. I remember being completely disgusted when twenty supposedly iconic horror “stars” contacted me on the day that Twisted Terror Con started and went out of their way to laugh and insult me because that bitch Jessica Cameron (who was acting like an unprofessional child) demanded that I get tossed from the convention simply because she didn’t like me. Sorry, that and what the others did did not show class or any stretch of star quality. I lost a lot of respect for a number of people that day.The truth is in their hunger to make profits and sell their wears a lot of these stars forget the people they are supposed to care about, that being the fans. So, to the question: Are the Stars Worth Our Interest? Not if they are going to act like drunken, money hungry, unfeeling, dysfunctional, jackasses. You want the title of “Star” then live up to it. That is just a suggestion…